Last November Adobe release a new font, named Source Code Pro. I use Visual Studio 2010 as my IDE, and I constantly keep on changing its look and feel. Today I tried out this Source Code Pro font and I must tell you it is very beautiful !
Given that I am always looking for the perfect coding environment, I decided to install Source Code Pro, and set it up in Visual Studio.
To get started you need to do the following:
- Download the latest release from their GitHub page.
- Extract the fonts to a folder.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the Source Code Pro fonts.
- Select the fonts. (I selected all the ones with .ttf to install)
- Right-click the selected fonts and choose “Install.”
- The fonts are now installed and will appear in the font menus of your applications.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Go to Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors.
- Change the Font to Source Code Pro in the drop down.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Now you are ready to start using Source Code Pro.
Below are few screenshots I took…