BugTracker.NET is a free, open-source, web-based bug tracking and general purpose issue tracking application. It is in daily use by thousands of development, customer support, and help desk teams around the world.
- ASP.NET 2.0 or above
- IIS 6 or 7
- SQL Server 2005 express or above
- Download the the .zip file from here and unzip it to say “C:\btnet_3_6_2”.
- Open IIS, add a new website, give the site a name (say “btnet”) and point the website to the folder “C:\btnet_3_6_2\www” we just extracted our zip file to. Make sure your application pool for this website is set to .NET Framework V4.0
- Start your SQL Server Management Studio
- Create database “btnet”
- Run “C:\btnet_3_6_2\www\setup.sql” on this database
- Modify your web.config
- Open “C:\btnet_3_6_2\www\web.config” in a text editor
- Goto line 148 and change the connection string server, database username and password :
<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local);database=btnet;user id=btnet;password=btn3t;Trusted_Connection=no;"/>.
- Now browse to the website you created and you should get the window like the one shown below
- Login using username as “admin” and password also as “admin”. Once logged in, go to the Admin Tab > Users > Add New User.
- Type in your username, password, email address and other optional settings.
- That’s it and your btnet is ready to be used ! In case of doubts/queries feel free to use the comment section.