Using WordPress, many a times you may have come across emails from WordPress with subject title like Please moderate “Post Name”
The mail will ask you to moderate this pingback by providing you 3 options namely, Approve it, Spam it or Trash it.
What is a Pingback?
A pingback is a type of comment that’s created when you link to another blog post where pingbacks are enabled. The best way to think about pingbacks is as remote comments:
– Yasser posts something on his blog.
– Lily posts on something her own blog, linking to Yasser’s post.
– This will automatically sends a pingback to Yasser, provided both (Yasser & Lily) have pingback enabled blogs.
Still confused ? here this a detailed read : http://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging#Pingbacks
How to disable this pingbacks ?
1. Login to your Dashboard
2. Select Settings > Discussion
3. You will find a checkbox for Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) ” deselect it and save changes